I am a student at The University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Elementary Education. I hope to teach at a junior college in the future. I have had the opportunity to work with children of all ages in the past few years. I have worked at a daycare, a preschool, and also did some substitute teaching. I am more interested in teaching the upper elementary age students. I am so excited and cannot wait to become a teacher!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Google Docs

When we first started learning about Google Docs I really didn't like it because I was accustomed to Microsoft Word and I don't like change. Everything was different and I wasn't interested in using it. After completing a few class assignments I realized that Google Docs is actually a great tool. It does have its flaws, but it would be great to use in a classroom. Students can work on assignments and the teacher can see the progress as they're completing it. It's also good that it automatically saves the document so there is no excuse for not turning it in. The teacher will know if the student completed it or just didn't do it because Google saves the work as it's being completed. The only problem I can think of that I may run into is that some students may not have a personal computer at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment