I am a student at The University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Elementary Education. I hope to teach at a junior college in the future. I have had the opportunity to work with children of all ages in the past few years. I have worked at a daycare, a preschool, and also did some substitute teaching. I am more interested in teaching the upper elementary age students. I am so excited and cannot wait to become a teacher!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Podcast/Kidcast

I think Kidcasts are a wonderful way for children to express things they are learning in the classroom. It is also a break for them to actually engage together and have fun while learning rather than sitting in a desk listening to a lecture. I think doing kidcasts is also a way to prepare them for the future. It helps develop speaking as well as social skills in which they will need in order to be successful. I wish I would have been able to participate in something like a podcast in elementary school. To this day I still have problems standing up and speaking in front of a group of people. So, I feel that as a teacher I will need to encourage my students to practice and start speaking at younger ages because it will definitely be expected of them as they get older. Podcasts are a great way to prepare them for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment