I am a student at The University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Elementary Education. I hope to teach at a junior college in the future. I have had the opportunity to work with children of all ages in the past few years. I have worked at a daycare, a preschool, and also did some substitute teaching. I am more interested in teaching the upper elementary age students. I am so excited and cannot wait to become a teacher!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

No Child Left Behind

Before I came to South I had no clue what No Child Left Behind was. My instructors quickly informed me what it was all about. It is basically a law that was passed by our country's leaders that stated all children had to be on the same educational level in order to be passed to the next level. This includes children with learning disabilities etc... Students are required to take tests such as the SAT, and they must meet the requirements that are set for their grade level. I personally think No Child Left Behind COULD be a good thing if some specific changes were made. All children do not do well on tests. A teacher's job is to find which way each student learns best. Every student learns in their own individual way. Testing students the same exact way is not an effective way to figure out if they are learning at the level they should be on.

No comments:

Post a Comment