I am a student at The University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Elementary Education. I hope to teach at a junior college in the future. I have had the opportunity to work with children of all ages in the past few years. I have worked at a daycare, a preschool, and also did some substitute teaching. I am more interested in teaching the upper elementary age students. I am so excited and cannot wait to become a teacher!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Teaching Philosophy - My Teaching Objectives

My Personal Philosophy of Teaching
“My Objectives as a Teacher”
Being an educator can be the most strenuous and the most rewarding career in the world. It all depends on how you approach it. Teaching may be challenging at times, but that is all part of it. Every student is unique. All students will learn in a different way. Each year it will be my job to figure out which ways my students learn best. Some students will not have a desire to learn. A good teacher will find a way to encourage him/her everyday. Some students will enjoy learning. It will be my job to keep challenging them to go higher. Being a successful educator requires effective objectives. Lecturing all day is not a proficient way to teach. I will have many different techniques for teaching. I will do some lecturing for those students that learn best through listening and taking notes. I will plan learning games for the students that understand best through fun activities. I will attempt to schedule a quiet session so that I may help those students who need one on one time with me. I will also have various visual aids such as videos, power points, or computer games for my students that gain knowledge best by seeing and visualizing the material. There are many methods of teaching and I intend to pursue each style to accommodate each student.

No comments:

Post a Comment