I am a student at The University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Elementary Education. I hope to teach at a junior college in the future. I have had the opportunity to work with children of all ages in the past few years. I have worked at a daycare, a preschool, and also did some substitute teaching. I am more interested in teaching the upper elementary age students. I am so excited and cannot wait to become a teacher!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Teaching Philosophy - Meeting My Objectives

My Personal Philosophy of Teaching
“Meeting My Objectives”
Teaching methods are one of the most important things when educating students. My classroom will not consist of lecturing all day. I will create new and fun learning activities for my students. I will demonstrate many different approaches to each lesson or topic. My class will not consist of “busy work.” Teaching is not something to be taken lightly. When students are bored, they are not learning. I will devote as much time as needed for my students. Many teachers give up on their students too quickly. I want to make sure they comprehend everything I teach, and not get left behind. How will students succeed if I do not make sure they have learned all the material I am required to teach them? I will allow my students to view movies or videos about different cultures. I will let my students express themselves by creating personal collages. Working from text books or worksheets all the time can often leave students dreading school. Students need some extra activities to do that excite them and make them eager to come to school. I want to motivate my students in every way I can to attend school because attendance is of the utmost importance. Without students, I could not have class. I will demonstrate to my fifth graders how power point is used and have them complete presentations in front of the class. The world we live in is becoming much computerized and I want my students to be prepared to survive in our fast paced world. I believe that one on one time is also very important. I want to stress to my students how important independence is. I have always been a very dependant person, and it has caused me to struggle in school. I want my students to learn how to do some things on their own so that they can succeed as adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment