I am a student at The University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Elementary Education. I hope to teach at a junior college in the future. I have had the opportunity to work with children of all ages in the past few years. I have worked at a daycare, a preschool, and also did some substitute teaching. I am more interested in teaching the upper elementary age students. I am so excited and cannot wait to become a teacher!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Teaching Philosophy - Assessing my Effectiveness

My Personal Philosophy of Teaching
“How I will Assess my Effectiveness”
Testing students frequently is not always the best way to measure their knowledge. Many students do not take tests very well. I will try to create different ways of doing assessments on my students than just using the traditional test theory. I will allow my students to do some take home tests for those that feel pressured with time. I will have many class discussions where participation is mandatory. This will help me figure out if all of my students are on the same page about different topics. I will try to refrain from using “date memorization” tests. I feel that having students memorize data is not effective in the long term. I will focus on what is most important. I will emphasize on the things that they will need for life long skills or college. Helping my students develop different study techniques will also be one of my main concerns. I have always had trouble finding effective ways to study, and I want to make it a point to assist my students that have the same issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment