I am a student at The University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Elementary Education. I hope to teach at a junior college in the future. I have had the opportunity to work with children of all ages in the past few years. I have worked at a daycare, a preschool, and also did some substitute teaching. I am more interested in teaching the upper elementary age students. I am so excited and cannot wait to become a teacher!

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Teaching Philosophy - Why I Want to be a Teacher

My Personal Philosophy of Teaching
“Why I Want to be a Teacher”
I believe that the most important objective to focus on when teaching children is good morals. The world has strayed away from good principles. The children of today will be the future leaders of our country. I want to encourage my students to be superior adults. Obedience and honesty is the first step when reaching satisfactory values or ethics. I will try to instill this in my students by enforcing good manners and being a positive influence to them. Another thing that I intend to promote in my classroom is that my scholars further their education in college. When I was in school know one ever talked to me about college. College never crossed my mind until after I graduated. I want to stress to my students how important a college degree is. I will give them information about various colleges and scholarships to persuade them to go to college no matter how young they are. It is never too early to think about college or scholarships. I want them to be fully aware of all the wonderful programs that are available for them. Another piece of important advice for students to remember is to always have a Plan B. I know that many students have dreams that may sometimes seem far fetched to an adult. I was one of those students. I am not saying that I will not support their goals. I think it is wonderful if a child wants to play football or become an actress. Those are both great careers, but I will help them to understand that sometimes things do not turn out the way we plan them. So, it is always logical to have a Plan B just incase Plan A falls through. I think that my students will agree that I am a pleasure to work with. My students will definitely have a great time learning all of the information that I will present each day. My classroom will have a positive atmosphere because that is an affirmative way to have successful students. A philosophy is nothing more than an attitude or a way of thinking. I am confident that my beliefs and values are constructive, so I know that my philosophy of teaching will be a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment